.
FBdS
The Boschi Di Stefano Museum-Home
The furnishings


In his last will and testament, Antonio Boschi stipulated that the via Jan apartment, where he and Marieda had lived for so long, be opened to the public as a museum-home, hosting a selection of works from their collection. For reasons of security and conservation it was impossible to preserve intact what Ornella Selvafolta described as “an inhabited museum” whose “spaces, outfitting and furnishings seem almost overwhelmed by the works of art”. Only a few pieces were retained – among these a small table designed by Piero Portaluppi, and the Bechstein piano – consequently the Boschi Di Stefano Foundation arranged to purchase the necessary replacement furniture, chosen to harmonise with the period of the building and with the works displayed. The ex guest room now houses a whole set of furniture for a study, produced by the firm Ducrot of Palermo around 1930, while the monograph room dedicated to Mario Sironi features a dining room designed by the same artist, and presented in 1936 at the VI Triennale in Milan. Equally worthy of note is the dining room furniture designed by Gino Levi Montalcini in 1949-50, and the “Agena” ceiling light of the Galassia collection by Alessandro Mendini, produced by Venini in 1993, installed in the ex master bedroom of the Boschi Di Stefanos.
Gli arredi
Photo: Václav Šedý
Gli arredi
Photo: Václav Šedý
Gli arredi
Photo: Václav Šedý


Boschi Di Stefano Foundation
via G. Jan 15, 20129 Milano
T 0274281000  |  F 0220402241
info@fondazioneboschidistefano.com
Boschi Di Stefano Museum Home
Getting here
Works on show
The Museum-Home
© 2018 Fondazione Boschi Di Stefano | Credits | Terms and conditions
.
Home Versione italiana Visit the Museum-Home The works on show The furnishings The collectors The foundation